Please Note: Due to COVID-19 Barefoot Bowls has been suspended for now.
Bowls is an inclusive sport. Any age, gender and ability can play.
It is an easy sport to learn, but difficult to master, so is both rewarding and challenging for all.
Organise NOW! a mums on the green day, a social day, birthday or a family day.
Just contact our function co-ordinator Jackie Bramwell via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RETURN TO PLAY UPDATE AS VICTORIA MOVES TO LAST STEP RESTRICTIONS.
UPDATE: Monday 23rd November 2020. Bowls Victoria website
Victorian bowlers can breathe freely again thanks to yesterday’s easing of restrictions on the use of face masks.
As part of the Premier’s COVID-19 update on Sunday 22nd November, and the move for Victoria into the Last Step, there were some positive changes for bowlers and clubs.
These changes came into effect from 11.59 pm on 22nd November 2020.
• Face masks no longer required when bowling if 1.5m distance is maintained.
• Number of players – new venue and group caps now apply.
• Clubhouses can open subject to density limits.
• Spectators are allowed but are included in venue/group caps.
• Car pooling can occur although it is still recommended to avoid it.
• Water fountains are no longer banned however are considered high risk.
• Indoor bowls can re-commence subject to venue and group caps.
• Tournaments, social and barefoot bowls can re-commence subject to venue and group caps.
See "NOVEMBER RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES (V7)" on the Bowls Victoria Website
Come and give bowls a go!
For information on greens availability
Contact the Club on Wednesdays
Phone: (03) 9754 3144
Upwey Tecoma Bowls Club
With the bowling season about to start, Upwey-Tecoma Bowls Club is looking forward to using their recently upgraded facilities.
Before the last federal election, I pledged $272,000 of federal funds to contribute to the Club’s front green, replace the existing lighting and install new lighting over the Club’s second bowling green.
Congratulations to the Committee and the Club’s members for their efforts during a difficult 2020.